photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

7.07.2012

.red.white.and.amazing.

I know I'm a few days late to the party, but thought I'd pop in to share how we spent our 4th of July. Actually, it was a pretty subdued holiday for us. We just came back from Death Valley and Las Vegas on Sunday, and we leave for a two week trip to Minnesota tomorrow night. Whew, time is flying! By the time we get back from MN, we'll have to get serious about this moving to Seattle business and start looking for a place to live. Crazy! Well, I'm trying to just stay in the moment this summer, and enjoy every second of it, which is exactly what we did on the 4th.
After a bit of yoga in the morning, we headed to Sacramento for some lunch and brews at Rubicon Brewery, and then took a walk down by the Sacramento River. After getting thoroughly sweaty on our walk, we stopped at Dairy Queen for my favorite - a cherry dipped cone. I loooooove Dairy Queen soft serve, I can't help it. I'm sure it's made with a million chemicals, but I grew up on it and nothing else tastes more like summer to me. After that, we headed home, cranked up the AC, and watched Robert Altman's 3 Women. It was...weird. But I liked it. I think. We were planning on watching fireworks from the roof of our house, but I chickened out (or wised up, depending on how you view it), and decided not to pull myself up there. We walked over to the park instead, where we had a fine view of our fine town's modest display. Here's what I wore:
When I asked Andy how I looked before we headed out, he said, "red, white, and amazing." Sarcasm aside, I'll take it. :) Did you do anything fun for the 4th?


Dress: UO
Belt: Vintage men's bow tie
Sandals: Thrifted
Necklace: F21
Bag: Walmart


.shanti.
.connect with me. --> .facebook. .twitter. .pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. i think your outfit is pretty red, white, and amazing too! perfect for the 4th. can't wait to see your first outfit for the What to Wear series!

    ReplyDelete