photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

8.27.2012

Monday Muses >> 8.27

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Mine was spent packing, which was a less than fabulous way to spend the weekend, but today we are heading to Lake Tahoe for one last California thrill before we leave on Friday.

Let's see what's on the menu this week, shall we?
1> I discovered Elemental Herbs' All Good Goop by chance at the co-op where we grocery shop at (and which I am SUPER going to miss), and it was on mega-sale. I read through the ingredients list, and was immediately sold. It's a blend of lavender, calendula, comfrey, and yarrow in an olive oil, beeswax, and vitamin e base. It sort of has the texture of Vaseline, but it smells amazing, and I feel good about putting it on my skin since it's all natural and organic. I've been using it on the delicate area around my eyes before bed, and on my lips and it works great. It's good for dry skin, cuts, burns, rashes...basically, whatever's ailin' your skin. A multitasking powerhouse!

2> The Forsyte Saga. Sigh. My sister in law loved this series and gifted me the 2002 and 2003 series' for my birthday, but I'm just now getting to it. But I am definitely hooked! We love to really get into a show and watch it obsessively until we're done, so this has been occupying our evenings the last week. If you're a Downton Abbey fan, you should definitely check it out. It's very similar, except I'd say a bit more realistic, the characters are a bit more nuanced, and it's not quite as soap-opera-y. It's streaming on Netflix (well, here in the U.S. it is anyway). Highly recommended! {image source}

3> I was introduced to the blog of Lisa Congdon, and her 365 day project of hand lettering. She's pretty far into it, but I'm excited to see what she comes up with each day. I love her simple yet graphic style, and she picks the best quotes. Definitely some good affirmations in the bunch! Look through her archives, and maybe print off a few of your favorites. Then, tape them somewhere you'll see them everyday, like a mirror or your journal. :)

4> Okay, so maybe I'm a little late to the game on this one, but it was still pretty exciting to me. I just noticed that Pinterest had FINALLY released an Android app! Plus, it's beautiful and easy to use, to boot. It's definitely inspired me to pin more than usual, especially when I can do it from the comfort of my own bed or whenever I have a few spare minutes. I love being inspired by all the images and ideas on there! Interested in what I pin? Let's be pin buddies!  {image source}

Alright homies, check ya on the flipside this week. Our week is JAMMED with lots of lasts, saying goodbye to friends and places, and coordinating lots of little details for the move.

shanti >> sondra

Get updates via: RSS * BLOGLOVIN' * FACEBOOK * TWITTER

1 comment:

  1. i loved downton abbey - i'm definitely going to check out this other series! thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete