photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

11.01.2012

What to Wear >> Halloween Edition


As promised, I'm back today to share what I came up with for Halloween this year. As you can see...Little Red Riding Hood! I'm not sure what prompted the idea, but after I came up with it I went with it because all I needed to do was make a cape.
Since I'm not the best crafter in the world, I was pretty proud of the cape I pulled off. It was more labor intensive than I thought it would be (I imagined it would be possible to do it without sewing...it's not), but it still only took about an hour, and it only took that long because I stitched it by hand. I used this how-to (which was by far the best of all the ones I looked at) in case you ever need to make a cape. You know, all those random cape-making needs. ;)
Everything else was stuff I owned. This was a great costume, because basically you get to wear a fleece blanket around, plus you can put all of your stuff in the basket.

Don't forget to check out the other chicas and see what they put together!

Nicole: Gypsy in Jasper
Adriana: Horses of Ares
Lisa: notladylike
Katherine: thinkin' outloud

shanti >> sondra


Get updates via: RSS * BLOGLOVIN' * FACEBOOK * TWITTER

6 comments:

  1. You are such a cute Red Ridding Hood!!! I love this costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costume! I'm not sure what I'd do with a cape other than costume-ing, but it sounds like fun! I may have to attempt making one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE that costume! and where did you get those fabulous socks?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. abhaya_sondra11/2/12, 11:17 AM

    Thank you! They're just thigh highs from target that I folded down into knee socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little red riding hood! I would convince my boyfriend to be the wolf haha. Nice cape you made! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome!! I love homemade costumes, especially the ones that rely heavily on what's already in your closet!

    ReplyDelete