photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

2.11.2013

Heart Shaped >> Breakfast

I'm in the boat with most people, in that I think Valentine's Day is mostly overrated. Shouldn't you show your love in special and thoughtful ways every day? I'm also not a fan of chocolates, or red roses, or overpriced fancy dinners, or any of the other commercialization that goes along with the holiday.

That said, I do think it's nice to have a day that reminds us what this thing called life is all about: keeping our friendships and relationships strong, through acts of loving kindness. A really nice way to keep it low-pressure, is a special Valentine breakfast! I used a cookie cutter to make heart shaped eggs. If you had a couple of cookie cutters, you could also try your hand at making heart shaped pancakes. Oh, and by the way, acts of loving kindness are good for yourself, too. I made this breakfast for me, and it was delicious. :)

I paired my eggs with a tasty smoothie. I usually make green smoothies, but I wanted to come up with something that was a little more pink-hued.
I still wanted to sneak a vegetable in there, so I went with pumpkin. This made the smoothie more of a pinky-orange color, but it was still really pretty! More importantly, it tasted good.

To make >

1 c frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/2 c canned pumpkin
2/3 c vanilla almond milk

Blend up and enjoy!

We're off this afternoon and evening for a little Valentine get-away of our own. AKA an excuse to drive across the state for some of our favorite pizza. Yes, I am that dedicated.

shanti >> sondra


2 comments:

  1. GypsyinJasper2/11/13, 1:52 PM

    What a cute idea!! I'll have to surprise the bf with some heart-shaped goodies one of these days. We don't celebrate Valentine's Day either. In fact, we don't even celebrate our anniversary. To us, that stuff seems a bit forced. We like to do nice things for each other all the time. We surprise each other with gifts. We go on spontaneous adventures. We go out for meals or cook together or for one another. That just makes more sense to us.


    I hope the pizza is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I've always wondered how people do shaped eggs, and now I know!

    Valentines days was always a bigger deal as a child for me. I really enjoyed putting together cards and goodie bags as a kid.

    ReplyDelete