photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

1.14.2014

The Grass is Always Greener


I know most of you are probably staring out the window at piles of snow, but I thought a bit of green might chase away a bit of the winter blahs. The other day Andy and I went out for a wee little hike, just about 30 minutes away from us in Issaquah. We had wanted to go further afield, but up just a bit higher in elevation it was snowing like crazy. It was dry at the bottom of the mountain we hiked at, but the higher we got the foggier, and eventually rainier, it got. The amount of greenery here still amazes me. I like to think it looks like what the Earth looked like when dinosaurs walked around.
Seriously, the whole concept of dinosaurs is CRAZY. It just blows my mind! Have you ever watched Walking with Dinosaurs (or it's equally-amazing counterparts, Walking with Monsters or Walking with Beasts)? That is some good entertainment (and learning!), I tell ya.
It felt good to get out. I haven't been out on a hike or done anything very physical besides yoga in...months. I am woefully out of shape, but getting out was a good start. I think we might head out for a snowshoeing day this weekend. Gotta keep the momentum going!

Get updates via // BLOGLOVIN' > FEEDLY > FACEBOOK > TWITTER

5 comments:

  1. wow, that is so pretty! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa Matara1/15/14, 3:44 PM

    looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a HUGE dinosaur lover. <3 I completely agree, that right there is dinosaur territory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Oddly, the photos and the talk of dinosaurs makes me want to watch the Jurassic Park trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. summertime dreams6/9/14, 7:14 PM

    One of my dream destinations is the Redwood Park in California, but that forest looks breathtaking too!

    ReplyDelete